Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Final Response and Assignment

[Link]

This... This just disturbs me and yet intrigues me at the same time. I mean I can see this as a means to help those who actually suffer from this problem avoid long term jail-time, however I can also see abuse of this by negligent mothers. The human mind is an interesting and not entirely understood area that could actually help or harm this bill if we understood it better.

As of right now, I'd rather see this bill not pass, however I'd rather extensive research on the mind of Andrea Yates to see if postpartum psychosis was indeed the case, rather than plain old insanity or malevolence.

It's not that I'm cruel, it's just that I'd like a method of determining postpartum psychosis that is effective before passing this bill.

Much like you (Morgan), I see the scope of the bill, but to retort we do need to focus on the causes of this, even if this bill doesn't do that properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment